Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Big Hat Party

One of my dear friends got married on a beach in North Carolina last month. She managed to plan the perfect wedding in just two days. It was intimate, quaint, romantic, and she looked absolutely gorgeous. Here's the proof ..enjoy! :)

Since the w
edding was a small affair, the newlyweds have decided to throw a Big Hat Reception at their house on May 16th, which is significant because it is Preakness. For those of you who are unaware, Preakness is a horse race held in Baltimore and it's one of Maryland's true passions. High school and college kids go there to get inebriated in the in field and get hit in the head with beer cans(which is undergoing many changes this year that people are very unhappy about), while others choose to actually sit in the stands and, shocker, watch the race! Go figure....Anyway, this year instead of getting hit in the head with a beer can, I get to dress up and wear a big hat. So excited. I've been searching on-line and in little boutiques for the perfect dress and hat, here are a few I'm leaning towards:

Dresses



2. Mod Cloth - $69.99


3. Anthropologie - 168


4. White House Black Market - $168

Hats


1. Del Mar Co - $350


2. Anthropologie - $48


3. J. Crew - $58


4. Urban Outfitters - $28

5 comments:

LadyRed said...

I see you in the JCrew dress and hat... so you. And I LOVES the blog baby!

Icy said...

What did you end up wearing? I like the Anthology hat personally.

lgiove said...

Thanks for your comment, Icy! Haven't decided yet...but I like the Anthology hat the best too :)

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

LOVE the look of the #2 dress and the #1 hat!!!! Have a great time!!!!

Aline said...

what a fun party! I have been thinking about trying to do a Kentucky Derby party this year...I think it would be a blast:)