Monday, March 8, 2010

The Woman Behind the Name

I was thinking about the name of my blog, Graceful Glove, today. For those of you who do not know me, it's a combination of my two nicknames "Grace" and "Glove". My cousin started calling me "Grace" when we were just kids and it stuck. You see, I'm not the most graceful person. I can run, dance and cheer with the best of 'em (those just came naturally to me), but when it comes to walking...well that is a different story. It's not unheard of for me to trip over nothing, fall up the stairs, or stub my toe on almost any piece of furniture. "Glove" is a play on my last name, Giove. I don't know why the "i" in Giove is so often mistaken for an "l", but it is. I stopped correcting people a while ago :)

Now onto the subject that everyone is talking about, The Oscars. It's no surprise that Cameron Diaz is my pick for best dressed.



I absolutely love her hair, make-up and dress. Plus, look at those arms! Man, she looked fantastic!

When these two came on the stage together to present my jaw dropped! They would make such an adorable couple, don't you think?



My favorite part of the night was when Ben Stiller came out dressed like this.



I was honestly in hysterics. Now I must go put The Hurt Locker in my queue to see what all the fuss is about.

1 comment:

LadyRed said...

I love you dearly, but I must disagree with the Cam Diaz! I know you like to channel her style, but I thought she should have been showing off more than her arms. It wasn't the worst, but I think she has looked way better.

I do agree with the Ben Stiller moment though... that was FANTASTIC!