Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Let the Countdown Begin!

There are only 7 days until my favorite holiday, St. Patrick's Day. You know what that means...time to break out the green beer and corn beef and cabbage!!! My mom's side of the family is Irish, so it's always been a day that we go all out for. This includes my grandmother, who has already started her preparations.



Yup, those fantastic finger nails belong to my dear sweet Grandmother. I love her so much. She's the sweetest, kindest, loving, and most generous person I have ever met.

On Sunday, if weather permits, my family and I are all going to watch the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Baltimore. Afterwards, we're going to go to Brewer's Art to enjoy some delicious food and cocktails (Long Island Ice Tea from Grandma :)). It'll be Egg's first St. Patty's Day with us...he's super stoked ;)

This time last year, I had only met and talked to Eggs a few times at social gatherings. On March 13, 2009 I went out with one of my best friends and her boyfriend. We were going out in Fells Point to celebrate a friend's birthday. Eggs was there. We talked a lot that night and he asked me for my phone number. I excitingly gave it to him. The next day, my girlfriends and I went out for a bar crawl in Federal Hill to celebrate St. Patty's Day (day drinking is fun!). Eggs called me at 6 PM to go out. I told him that I wasn't in any condition to hang out/drink more and I was going home. We didn't really talk again after that night for 6 months. I would see him at the gym or at a random party and nervously say hi. In August that all changed, but that's a story for a different post.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if Eggs and I did start dating then. Would things be the same? Would I be as madly in love with him as I am now? But then I just stop questioning it. Things happen for a reason.

1 comment:

LadyRed said...

Your Grandma is ROCKING those nails! She is fabulous.

Who knows how things would have turned out if you had started dating then... but does it matter? Like you said, things happen for a reason. Isn't it annoying how those cliche phrases are so true?